An international course on creating opportunities for societal impact and business initiatives
To optimally adapt to the COVID-19 crisis, we have decided to bring this international course right to your doorstep by offering an online edition of this activity. While the fee is reduced, the same standard of expert presentations and interactive discussions will be met through an advanced conference call system. We are looking forward welcoming you to this online training course – the AESIS team
After the pilot course of last year, AESIS proudly announces a new edition of this ambitious international course, where leading experts in the disciplines of the Social Sciences and Humanities (SSH) will demonstrate how to stimulate societal impact of SSH. Questions that will be examined and answered include:
- What are the most effective ways to manage an impact unit?
- What are the pathways to integrate impact in research strategies?
- How do I make academic ideas 'market-ready'?
- How do I organise public & private alliances?
- How and when should I set up consultancy & other services?
The course will welcome a maximum amount of 20 participants, while each session will be taught in an interactive manner and includes collective exercises, in order to make this initiative as fitting as possible to all of your particular aims and needs. Experts from the UK, US and continental Europe will share their knowledge on issues ranging from IP-policies (yes, this is also possible for SSH research projects), business alliances and consultancy opportunities to generating awards and grants for research. This all aims at providing you with adequate insights and tools to stimulate and facilitate impact structures in your organisation.
Benefits of the course:
- Certificate signed by Oxford University Innovation and AESIS upon course completion
- 11 leading international experts to offer training in an intimate online setting
- Hands-on exercises offering tools and insights to organising impact structures in your specific organisation
- Interactive discussions with 20 peers from all over the world
- Half year free access to the AESIS+ platform to continue discussion on impact
- Science funders
- Science policy managers
- Research managers within Social Sciences & Humanities (SSH)
- Facilitators of Societal Impact (knowledge exchange, business development)
- Strategists within universities
- Managers of public-private SSH research & consultancy programs
Discounts offered for members of ASPECT, AHSS, British Academy, and ARMA. Contact these organisations or AESIS for the discount code.